1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Co-existed beside tarantulas and rattlesnakes...lol
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Resolutions are usually hit and miss.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes,who didn't?!? Just kidding...Tara, Taylor, my sister-in-law Jennifer, Stacey
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 14/15th...that's the weekend we accepted the position at our church here in Big Lake and life hasn't been the same since!!!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving so very far away from all my friends and family...trusting God's plans are better than my own. Striving to have real relationships of depth with new people.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Keeping in touch with people the way I'd wanted to.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well, I get sick a lot...but nothing ever serious.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Wii fit-plus?? Griddle?? lol
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Soooo Daniel-as he still fights for purity and seeks out others to help him along the way. My parents-getting past fear and pride as they joined a church and got baptized. Jo-being honest and open to accept healing and hope. Stephanie as she leaves her comfort zone and church to be obedient and part of God's work elsewhere. Tommy as he waits *patiently* to marry the girl he loves and stands beside her through treatments and long hospital stays. Tara as she started her own ministry this year and has stepped out lots of times in obedience into "the unknown" and strives to raise a Godly family. Chaz started Pre-K in a new town with new people and has excelled! Kathy Bledsoe as she deals with her husbands death is honest about her hurts but trusts the God who made her heart to heal it.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mine and Daniel's at times. Most people that I know have at times disappointed me, but that's because I'm human. they're allowed to be human too.
14.Where did most of your money go?
Debt. By this time next year we should be debt free!! We are living like no one else now, so we can live like no one else later!!!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Doing youth ministry again, even though it can be really stressful and disappointing at times...I still love it! AND watching my children grow up!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
"Here's My Life" by Barlow Girl or "Amy" by Switchfoot
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Hmmm...happier in some ways, sadder in other areas.
ii. thinner or fatter? the same, I think
iii. richer or poorer? $ wise, richer; I hope I am poorer in Spirit though!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Learned more self-discipline in some areas and let loose more in others.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Wondering "what if..." and playing less Facebook games...lol
20. Did you fall in love in 2009?
ha ha...yes, again with my husband and children and Saviour.
21. What was your favorite TV program?
I don't really watch much tv, but I did like"The Biggest Loser"
22.. What was the best book you read?
The "Love Comes Softly" Series by Jeannette Oke was really good, fiction wise...um...a friend gave me a new devotional for Christmas called, "Walk with God" by Chris Tiegreen and I really like it. Oh, I also did the Beth Moore Bible Study over Esther and I REALLY liked that too.
23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ummm...FM Static? New Jars of Clay, Relient K and David Crowder are good...but not necessarily new.
24. What did you want and get?
a "new" car...we have now been given TWO free cars in the last 2 years!!
25.What did you want and NOT get?
Material wise...new kitchen table and TV...but we're making due)
26. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmmm..."Up"? Again, I don't watch a lot of movies/Tv...
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29, and Daniel and I went out to eat and...hmm...I don't remember! I know we also went out for lunch with the staff...that was fun
28 What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Coming to grips and understanding how God is more than enough.
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Tried to "dress up" a little more...usually jeans and t-shirt, but I "got out" more this year and Hannah is older and no longer ruins my clothes, so I branched out...lol
30. What kept you sane?
HA! I gave up on sanity long ago...jk. My wonderful husband and friends. And my children and Saviour helped me keep things in perspective. And coffee. Lots of coffee.
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I paid more attention to Kirk Cameron's career after "Fireproof"
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
Blah...healthcare. I don't want to go there right now.p>
33. Who did you miss?
My friends and family who are so very far away.
34.. Who was the best new person you met?
I met many, many new people this year (since we moved) and many of them are "best" in different ways. I'll pick Vicki Joyce, because she's real...and she makes stuff up...so she's fun.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Really, I guess I'm still learning the same lessons as last year, just in different ways:
God gives and takes away, and yet everything He does is right and good. Somehow. I don't see how it all works out that way, because even now lots of things don't look "good' or "right."
Also, the truth is a powerful and dangerous thing. It sets captives free, and causes other people to cower because they don't' know how to handle it. This makes sense since Jesus said He was The Truth.
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:One thing I know is that when life's moving slow
I'm not out here on my own, I've got You (to get me through this)
I'm on a long journey through mountains of apathy
And I'm not afraid to walk through
Everywhere I look it's all so different
Another city but it makes no difference
Still going through the same old issues
Everything's ok, nothing feels broken
37. The best thing you discovered this year?
Texting..lol...I'm slowly entering this world of technology...I still read books that are on PAPER too...gasp!!!
38. The best thing you lost?
Touch with friends and family who matter.
39. What are you glad to leave behind from 2009?
Being "new" in a small town.
40. What are you looking forward to in 2010?
Figuring this all out. What our family and ministry looks like now...God's vision and heart. Possibly working on publishing some of my materials??? Taking risks in general.