Monday, August 22, 2011

What I Learned Over Summer Vacation

1. "Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip a quarrel dies down." Proverbs 26:10

Small towns carry plenty of wood. And you can't un-ring a bell. Gossip hurts.


2. God is trustworthy.


Though He slay me, I will hope in Him. Nevertheless I will argue my ways before Him. Job 13:15

This has been me and God...ALL. SUMMER. He is my only Hope. He is trustworthy; even if He were to kill me... But I'm still going to speak my heart to Him!


3. There are 5 kinds of healing.

Daniel’s uncle has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. He will not be with us much longer. He found out at the end of May this year, as in 3 months ago. We pray and pray...for him to be healed, but his health keeps declining. Add to this, that this uncle is the 3rd child of his still-living Grandparents. It seems as if our Grandmommy and Grandaddy will have buried all 3 of their children in their lifetime. (Daniel’s mom died when he was 8 and his grandparents helped raise him. Daniel’s other uncle passed away unexpectedly 5 years ago.) No one should have to bury all 3 of their children. Yet we pray for healing....and I’ve learned that there are 5 types of healing:


1-The body’s natural immune system. Our body counterattacks (fights) more often than we’re aware of.


2-Truly miraculous. The kind we all pray for but rarely believe in. :)


3-Medical healing. The wisdom and knowledge God gives medical professionals.


4-Healing of attitude. Found in 2 Corinithians 12:8-10...A healing of attitude is often more important than a physical healing. This was a lesson I learned myself.


5-This last type of healing is the kind I have the hardest time with, obviously. I fight and pray against this kind of healing almost all the time, ironically.

Yet, it IS a type of healing...of making a person whole again. Free from the illness, the pain...

Death is the ultimate healing.


And as I’m learning, or rather, re-learning this last lesson of the summer, I am grateful that I learned lesson #2.

1 comment:

Tara said...

That makes me want to cry. But I suppose it should not. Something to pray about, I suppose!