Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Gift of Tin, Glass and Wood


Waiting till you’re happy before you give thanks, is like waiting to be healthy before you take your vitamins. Vitamins are what make you healthy. Giving thanks is what makes you happy. Giving thanks is the way we awaken to the presence of God all around us and only in His presence is fullness of joy. Giving thanks is what gets you joy.
It’s taking me a lifetime to get it: 
Joy isn’t a function of what happens.
Joy is a function of what I think.
Joy is a function of how I thank. 
~Ann Voskamp

I am thankful for the disposable pan of banana split muffins my mom dropped by my house the other day!  Thankful that she made them and thankful that my parents are able to come to our house on a weekday night!
I am thankful for the supply of candles in pretty glass jars that I have.  They are mostly gifts from my husband over the past year to show me he loves me and knows me!
I am thankful for the fire in the backyard tonight with the family.  We used logs that were once HUGE fallen branches that our neighbor secretly came over and cut up for us!  Almost everywhere God has placed us, we have had amazing neighbors....and I am so thankful.  

No comments: