Tuesday, September 9, 2008

pray for us!

So, something may be happening soon. Maybe. I don't want to get my hopes up.

We re-submitted our resume to Baylor here in Ennis awhile back. We prayed about it for months, well, since we were turned down in June. It is completely ridiculous that we would turn in our resume again to a church that's already turned us down. It's like saying, "We know you said 'no" but we can't accept that." But we feel that's what God wanted us to do. So...we got a call yesterday from a committee member asking Daniel for a "few moments' to talk after youth group this Wednesday. (we always go and help out...it's awkward, but we're youth ministers, we HAVE to be working with youth, no matter where we are) So, this could be a good thing or it could just be them turning us down again; in person this time.

I know God honors persistence (Hannah, the widow in the new testament) but I also know how stupid we could appear to others. Not that it matters what others think, we just need to be obedient to what we believe God is asking of us.

I want a home. Chaz asks about once a day now for a home. I want a church home. I want a spiritual family to love us and challenge us, and let us do the same for them.

We moved here thinking God was telling us it was Ennis. It doesn't have to be; I just wonder if we were crazy, did we imagine God saying that? We had a good strong group of friends in Marshall, if we weren't going to get a youth ministry job anyway, why couldn't we have just stayed there?

Anyway, please pray for us as we continue to figure out what the heck God is asking of us and giving to us.

1 comment:

karenstacy said...

Hey,
it is good to hear from you!
I will pray for you in this.
I am so glad to hear that you and daniel made it! I know that it is hard to keep a marriage together.