Saturday, August 30, 2008

something new...at least lately

So, awhile back I was thinking about how I have very little routine in my life right now. And although there can be great freedom in this, I think I was also craving SOMETHING "normal" in my life. Something I can tangibly count on. (I can always count on God, but you know what I mean.) I realized that Chaz was watching somewhere between 3-5 hours of TV everyday and that we were trying to get Hannah to sleep from 8 pm to 8am every morning, which she refuses to do. And I realized that that's way too much TV for my son and that obviously Hannah needs less sleep than that at night. (most babies her age still need 14-16 hours of sleep, each baby is just different in how many hours in a row they sleep) And so this past week we have developed more of a routine. We now wake up between 6 and 6:30 am every morning. We also as a family go for a 1 1/2 mile walk every day. (that'll burn off some of a 3 yr old's energy!!) Chaz and Hannah have always taken naps consistantly and eaten at the same time, so that won't change. But there's just a little more routine to our days.

And this probably doesn't excite you (it'd be wierd if it did..lol) but you can get REALLY depressed when you sit around with no job and LOTS of time to think. Satan can really use that, and we've let him in the past. We've dwealt on our past mistakes (individually and together) and questioned some of our decisions (even though we know we did those things with lots of time in prayer) And so, it's time to just keep moving forward. A wise man once said, "but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us."

(relient k is now singing in my head)

I think this new routine is what's going to make this house feel more like home. I mean, what is a home anyway? This can be home for as long as we need it to be. It's always been that way in the past no matter where we've lived; Marshall, Tyler, Arlington and Ennis have all been home. The only consistant thing has been us and God. Guess that's all we ever needed anyway.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

ok...I must be weird because that DID excite me! I like the 1 and 1/2 mile walk thing. I wish we did that. We did that last summer when I was pregnant and even some after Colin was born. Those were good times of talking and spending time with God. I am glad you have found a little of what you were craving. I miss you terribly and hate that I can't see you whenever I want. Love ya!s