Wednesday, January 7, 2009

stinkin Holy Spirit

First of all, just to let you know so you can be praying: We have an interview this Saturday at 1 pm with a church from Big Lake, Texas. They are 6 hours away from Ennis, so we're meeting them in Brownwood for the interview. But even this 3 hour trip could be interesting. We have some work needing to be done on our car, and have only been able to do some of it. I'm pretty sure it's not exactly it's "6 hour round trip" ready. So pray for our miracle car. lol And the interview. Our prayer for awhile has been that God will ONLY open the door He wants us to walk through, and to close every other door.

Also, in my quiet time I've been reading in Proverbs and also reading this devotional my friend, Ginger, gave me called "Grace for the moment" by max lucado. (it has a short devo for each day...I love it, especially when I'm pressed for time) Anyway, the title of yesterday's devotion was "At home with God." I have been wanting a home soooo badly for soooo long. I don't remember what it's like to use my own dishes, or to clean the kitchen "my way." Having a "home" is about so much more than having a house. Anyway, this is what the devotional said:

God wants to be your dwelling place. He has no interest in being a weekend getaway or a Sunday bungalow or a summer cottage...He wants to be your mailing address, your point of reference; He wants to be your home...Our Father wants to be the one in whom "we live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28)

So, I still don't know what my "fields" and "outdoor work" are, but I KNOW that I now have peace about being "homeless" for however long this will last. :)

No comments: