Sunday, January 8, 2012

I Know That There's A

meaning to it all.
A little resurrection every time I fall...

I've had this Switchfoot song stuck in my head, trying to figure out what it's talking about. I've also been re-reading the HP series and I'm finally in The Deathly Hallows. With all the different events and possibilities going on in my life lately, I find this paragraph even more intriguing; I've been wondering about God's timing and purposes behind circumstances and events; how much we affect His will and how His will is intertwined with how well He knows our hearts. It makes me like this conversation between Harry and Ron even more:

"...But if Dumbledore was alive, why wouldn't he show himself? Why wouldn't he just hand us the sword?"

"Search me," said Ron. "Same reason he didn't give it to you while he was alive? Same reason he left you an old snitch and Hermoine a book of kids' stories?"

"Which is what?" asked Harry, turning to look Ron full in the face, desperate for the answer.

"I dunno," said Ron. "Sometimes I've thought, when I've been a bit hacked off, he was having a laugh or-- or he just wanted to make it more difficult. But I don't think so, not anymore. He knew what he was doing when he gave me the Deluminator, didn't he? He--well," Ron's ears turned bright red and he became engrossed in a tuft of grass at his feet, which he prodded with his toe, "he must have known I'd run out on you."

"No," Harry corrected him. "He must've known you'd always want to come back."

No comments: