Friday, March 1, 2013

Turning North


Then we turned around and went back into the wilderness following the route to the Red Sea, as God had instructed me. We worked our way in and around the hills of Seir for a long, long time.  Then God said, “You’ve been going around in circles in these hills long enough; go north...." Deuteronomy 2: 1-3

Though written by Moses during the Israelites wandering, I believe it was written exactly for me for the past few years of my life to sum up.  Yes, it has been over a year since I blogged.  No, I am not going to say more on that at this time.  :)  If there's anyone who still checks here to see if I have flitted more words into the social inter-space...thank you.  
For now, I just want to blog about my thankfulness.  I am a very..um...easily discontent person.  (to say the least.)  And while discontent leads to change in our society...leads to revolution instead of persisting in comfortability...can lead to looking for the solution to problems instead of pretending they don't exist....an easily discontent heart can also become depressed.  Discouraged.  Never quite feeling like anything is "good" or "enough."  And so, since Paul LEARNED to be content (Philippians 4:11,12) there is hope for this heart!  
In the month of November, I used my facebook statuses to keep track of my daily gifts...the 3 things I was thankful for each day.  (Have you read A Thousand Gifts?  Amazing, God used her words to change my heart!)  But after the month was over, I tried keeping the habit up by posting in a document page...but that didn't work very well.  I was much less consistent.  And so, I will try blogging here about my gifts...and maybe they will become gifts to someone else too.  That is the thing about gifts as Ann says...
So, I'll MARCH on....(did you see what I did there?  Yes, I laugh at my own jokes.  It's much more fun that way.)
March 1st: 3 Gifts at 3pm.
-Chaz gets out of school!  I am so excited for him to come home to us every day!  Yes, it gets a little crazier and louder in the house, but I love this boy and the gift that he is to me.  I love sharing my day with him and listening to his as well!
-Snack time!  It's true; I love food.  And snacks are special.  They are not a super nutritious meal...but a treat.  (that doesn't mean it's not healthy!)  3 pm is all kinds of "treat" times!
-Today, Daniel is coming home at 3pm (earlier than his usual quitting time) because he worked more hours at other times this week)  And I love it when we are ALL together.  And today when he comes home, we are walking the block to our park to have some fun together, followed by game night and supper together (with home-made strawberry shortcake the kids helped make!)...ending with chapters read aloud and prayers snuggled in beds.  3pm is the beginning of wonderful times today!

What would your "3pm Gifts" be?

No comments: