So, back in the days of Xanga, Jenni and Lauryn Miller used to do these things. I used my super understanding of technology to find this and copy it here. Thanks, Jenni, Lauryn and xanga.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Go into labor naturally. I thought the contractions (in the beginning) were upset stomach from enchilada's. Until I noticed the pain coming every 10 minutes. Yeah....
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make resolutions really. Although I plan on getting back to eating healthier and having more consistant bible study times.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my sister, myself and Taylor.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Hmmm...I don't think I even went out of state. Well, I guess Shreveport, La. But not outside of US.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A consistent job that would allow us to get off of government aide.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Well, definitely March 19th because that's when Hannah was born.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Personally, there are many I think..lol. Restoring my marriage, giving birth to the last baby I can have, surviving on very little money and very little material things. Not killing the people I live with. Leaving my friends in Marshall.
9. What was your biggest failure?
having a bad attitude towards God when He didn't behave the way I wanted Him to.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well, I was gestational diabetic...but that wasn't too bad.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our queen size amazing bed!!!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Soooo many people. Daniel above all has gone through a very painful and hard "make over" in all ways. He's a fighter. So has Sarah and Jeff as they've added ministry to marriage, parenting, working and school. Taylor and Josh as they've had to trust God with their precious Nathan. Jared and Sally as they've fought for purity, marriage and ministry. Jenni and Tim as they've taken on marriage with courage, humility and godliness.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mine and Daniel's at times. Most people that I know have at times disappointed me, but that's because I'm human. they're allowed to be human too.
14.Where did most of your money go?
what money? This past year was all about learning how to be "content in every situation." This year's situation was "po." lol
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Tim and Jenni's wedding!!!! A new beautiful daughter!! Getting to spend more time with my family, even though it's stressful at times. (to say the least.)
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"Let Your Love be Strong" by Switchfoot or "The Remedy" by David Crowder Band
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Mmm...sadder. But you can either control your emotions, or let them control you.
ii. thinner or fatter? haha...technically thinner, because I was prego last year this time!
iii. richer or poorer? $ wise, poorer...but in general, my life is richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Hugged Chaz tighter and more often. Excersized more self-control in areas.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying and eating...lol..they go together. I'm really good at not blowing money, but I stuff my mouth too much.
20. Did you fall in love in 2008?
ha ha...yes, again with my husband and children and Saviour.
21. What was your favorite TV program?
"Reba" or "The Biggest Loser"
22.. What was the best book you read?
"The Total Money Make-over" by Dave Ramsey and "UnChristian" (VERYYYY good book)
23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My friend, Michelle Grigsby. And re-discovering Switchfoot thanks to my sibs here.
24. What did you want and get?
a new car...we got a FREE car that was very used. But I'll take free over new!!
25.What did you want and NOT get?
a ministry job and our own house to live in (without another family there with us..lol)
26. What was your favorite film of this year?
hmm.... WALL-E ???
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28, and Daniel and I went to eat lunch (bc it's cheaper!) at Olive Garden and then walked around Target lusting at material things...lol. Pretty tame.
28 What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Letting God be mysterious instead of labeling Him as misbehaving.
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Way cute prego clothes, and then jeans and whatever...and a bridesmaids dress that my stomach still looked post-prego in...lol
30. What kept you sane?
HA! I gave up on sanity long ago...jk. My wonderful husband and friends. And my children and Saviour helped me keep things in perspective.
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I usually stay away from the media as much as possible, but being an election year, I followed Obama and McCain.
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
Our wonderful collapsing economy..global and national. And people blaming Bush. Like one person has that much power to destroy or fix a nation. I don't care if you gave him 12 years. We have a government system that's supposed to counter and balance for a reason.
33. Who did you miss?
My friends in Marshall and Arlington. :(
34.. Who was the best new person you met?
Sally Greer. She is simply amazing and your life would be so much better, joy filled and fuller if she was in it. Plus, she's so creative and can teach herself to do anything.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
God gives and takes away, and yet everything He does is right and good. Somehow. I don't see how it all works out that way, because even now lots of things don't look "good' or "right."
Also, the truth is a powerful and dangerous thing. It sets captives free, and causes other people to cower because they don't' know how to handle it. This makes sense since Jesus said He was The Truth.
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:Let Your love be strong, and I don't care what goes down
Let Your love be strong enough to weather through the thunder cloud
Fury and thunder clap like stealing the fire from your eyes
All of my world's hanging on Your love
37. The best thing you discovered this year?
Wii fit or Mario Cart for the Wii. (thanks Tim and Jen!)
38. The best thing you lost?
Material wise...our i-pod.
39. What are you glad to leave behind from 2008?
40. What are you looking forward to in 2009?
New town, new ministry, "new" home, getting our stuff out of storage. Having money to travel to see friends and family who live far away. Meeting and loving new people and holding friends and family tighter.